Cooking a chicken over a can of beer creates a delicious steam that helps the chicken cook inside as well as outside.
From This Book
❏ 1⁄4 cup Country Style Rub
❏ 1 12-ounce beer in a can
❏ 1 sprig rosemary
❏ 2 cloves garlic, smashed
❏ 1 (4-5 lb) chicken
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Temperature: 375°F
Cooking Time: 45 minutes - 1 hour
- Open the beer, drink half.
- Add rosemary and garlic cloves to the remaining beer.
- Sprinkle Country Style Rub on every surface, inside and out, of the chicken.
- Situate the chicken on top of the beer can until the can is firmly inside of the cavity.
- Preheat the smoker to 375°F and add the convEGGtor® for indirect heat.
- Place the chicken with the beer can standing up on the grid.
- Close the door and allow the chicken to cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the internal temperature of the thigh reaches 170°F.
- Allow the chicken to rest off the heat for 10 minutes before removing the beer can and carving.