A sweet and spicy raspberry sauce is the perfect accompaniment to the flavor of cedar.
❏ 4 (4-6 oz each) salmon filets
Wood & Seasonings
❏ 2 cedar planks, soaked in water for 30 minutes
❏ 1⁄2 tsp salt
❏ 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
❏ 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves
❏ 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
❏ 1 jalapeño, chopped
❏ 1 clove garlic, minced
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Temperature: 350°F
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
- Season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the EGG® to 350°F.
- Place the plans on the grid and close the dome for 3 minutes.
- Flip the planks and place the salmon on the heated side. Close the dome for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine preserves, vinegar, jalapeño, and garlic in a small sauce pan and heat over low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brush the salmon with the sauce and close the dome for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with additional sauce.